Individual Owner/Operator Insurance Online Quotes


Facts About Individual
Owner / Operator Insurance

At insuranceforsafety, we offer a variety of truck insurance policies to meet the needs of owner/operators, trucking fleets and fleets of owner/operators. We can answer any questions you may have about the different types of truck insurance we offer and what coverage each we provides. The following are the answers to some frequently asked questions we encounter. If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to give us a call at 626-572-6966 or email us at info@insuranceforsafety.com we are here to help you 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Does insuranceforsafety assist with getting permits and licenses required to operate?

The experienced professionals at You Safety Insurance Brokerage assist drivers in obtaining all of the permits and licenses they may need to operate their trucks safely and legally. For a small fee, we can help you with these permits, including hazardous and special permits.

For more information or to get a quote, you can call at 626-572-6966, Fax at 866-560-1726 email us at info@insuranceforsafety.com

What are some of the issues with a Motor Truck Cargo policy?

Every Motor Truck Cargo policy is different but some of them exclude or only partially cover certain merchandise such as electronic equipment or clothing. Some of these policies may exclude coverage completely if the truck is left loaded and unattended. Before you purchase a Motor Truck Cargo policy, talk to the professionals at insuranceforsafety about the provisions in your policy.

What kind of coverage do I need if I am a lienholder?

Lienholders require physical damage insurance which protects their interest in case there is a trucking accident.

What is the difference between pro-rate and short-rate?

If your policy is pro-rated, it means you only pay for the days you are actually insured. When your insurance company charges you for the days insured plus percentage for early cancellation, this is considered short-rate.

Can I purchase a policy that will protect my personal items in my truck?

Many insurance policies include an option that covers personal items through physical damage coverage.

What does unidentified trailer coverage insurance cover?

A driver may need this type of insurance if you have a trailer attached to your tractor that is not owned or long-term leased you.

Should I get my trucking insurance from my truck dealer?

It may sound easy but it is often more expensive to get trucking insurance from the truck dealer. At You Safety Insurance Brokerage, we are experts in providing trucking insurance and we can work with you to get the best rates available. Before you get an insurance policy from a dealer, give us a call at 626-572-6966 for a quote and compare.

If I have to file a claim, how long will it affect my insurance?

Most claims will affect your insurance premiums for three years.

How do I pay my trucking insurance?

At insuranceforsafety, we make it as easy as possible to pay your trucking insurance. We take credit cards or we will automatically deduct the premium from your checking account each month. Let us know what is most convenient for you.

Is there a penalty for canceling my insurance? Will it affect my credit?

You can cancel your policy at any time without a penalty. Your credit will not be affected by your cancellation. However, you will have to pay any premiums or payments that have accrued on your account before canceling the policy.

If I change trucking companies, can I still keep the same insurance?

When you change trucking companies, you can almost always keep the same insurance. Your insurance rates will probably not change at all.

Can I get insurance if I have had a DUI, other infractions or a bad driving record?

At insuranceforsafety.com we make every effort to insure every type of truck driver, regardless of your past driving record. Sometimes, the premium may become prohibitive so we will work with the driver to make sure we find the policy that works for you.

If I pay off my truck, do I still need physical damage insurance?

Legally, you do not need this type of coverage any longer if your truck is paid off. However, we recommend you still carry it as this coverage protects your truck which is your livelihood and it is important to have that protection.

If I have to have my vehicle towed, will the cost be covered by my insurance?

If you need a tow because of an accident, it will be covered by your insurance. If your truck breaks down as a result of mechanical failure, it will not be covered by insurance.

What type of trucking insurance coverage do I need to repair damages that result from an accident?

Physical damage insurance protects truck drivers in the event of an accident. This type of insurance is also called collision insurance.

Should I package my truck payment with insurance? It sounds so easy.

You can, but it will probably be more expensive; definitely give us a call or an email for a quote before getting trucking insurance from a truck dealer. We're the trucking insurance experts, and can almost assuredly get you a good price.

Do I need occupational accident insurance?

Occupational accident insurance can be truly beneficial if you have a work-related accident or illness, especially if you don’t have health care coverage. Talk to the insurance experts at insuranceforsafety to find out what type of policy would work best for you.

What’s the difference between primary liability and non-trucking liability?

Non-trucking liability insurance is generally used by owner/operators who are leased onto a motor carrier. When you are dispatched for the motor carrier, their primary liability trucking insurance will cover you. However, if you are your own trucking company with your own customers or if you have your own authority, you will need to get your own primary liability trucking insurance.

I am new to the trucking industry, what type of insurance coverage do I need?

You will probably need commercial auto liability, physical damage coverage, motor truck cargo insurance, bobtail insurance, occ/ acc insurance, and non-owned trailer coverage. Every customer's situation is different so it is important that you work with an agent who is experienced in providing trucking insurance. Call the experts today for a comprehensive